Thursday, July 5, 2012

Setting A Clothing Budget

Hello Lovely Readers!
As a college student and a part-time worker having a budget is extremely important to me. One of the wonderful things about my job is that I have a set schedule so I can depend on getting the same amount of hours each week. When planning a clothing budget work with something you are comfortable with. Some weeks I totally rule out having a clothing budget because it just doesn't seem smart. Paying bill is at the top of my to do list when I first get my check. I like to get that money out of my account before I get too excited about having it. Then from there I figure out food, gas and other miscellaneous items that are on my NEED list. Yes, I know for some of you this is the obvious responsible thing to do but there have been times when i've thrown all responsibility out the window and bought that cute dress! Once I have figured out if having a clothing budget is possible I then think of my closet and items that I would like to add to it. Then I  turn to online shopping. For me online shopping takes some of the impulse buying out of me. I get to look at the items a few times before I even hit the store and decide if I truly love it and mentally work it into my closet. A rule for me is if I can't come up with 3 different ways to wear it or occasions I could wear it then I don't need it.  How do you figure out your clothing budget?

Now here are a few of my budget friendly items that I am loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment